Did you know that in the USA & UK, 1 out of 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in their lives?
Did you know that in the UK, every 10 minutes someone is diagnosed with breast cancer? In the USA, it’s 1 every TWO minutes. TWO! (Excuse my language but wtf?!)
October is breast cancer awareness month. Which means it’s time to wear your pink ribbons, your pink jumpers, and all your other pink breast cancer awareness swag to get the word out there!! Get the word out about what you ask? ….About increasing funding for breast cancer research and for women doing regular and proper self-examinations to help identify cases at the onset.
How can you help?
One of the easiest ways that you can help is by buying certain products where the company has teamed up with non-for-profit organisations. A portion of the sales will go towards the charity. I’ve found some great ones pictured in the collage below with all links so you can easily purchase them.
- Papier pink chevron notebook – Perfect for all your big ideas! Get it personalised as well – would make for a lovely Christmas gift. Totally ordering one for all my blog post ideas! 100% of the profits will go to Breast Cancer Haven. This charity offers much needed emotional support, help with symptom control and practical advice to anyone affected by breast cancer, and all completely free of charge.
- Bumble & Bumble thickening spray – I use this spray before any heating tools to add more volume and protect my locks! 20% of the sale price will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Bejewelled pink ribbon pin – Spread the word about breast cancer by rocking your pink ribbon pin. I adore this one but already have one from Cancer Research UK (only 1 jewel though). Otherwise I would totally order this! From each purchase £3 will go to the Pink Ribbon Foundation.
- Avon sparkly mug – The perfect mug to take your coffee or tea with you in the morning. £1.50 from each sale will be donated to the Avon Breast Cancer Crusade.
- Boobs candle – If you have a sense of humour (which I like to think that I do), then you’ll love these boobie printed candles. Maybe not appropriate for kids but they certainly get the message across! 20% of sales will be donated to the Pink Ribbon Foundation. Definitely going to order myself a couple!
- Coppafeel hand sanitiser – Helps to keep your hands germ-free with a lovely scent! 100% of the proceeds will be donated to the charity Coppafeel! 🙌🏼 I love keeping these in my carry-on bag when I’m about to fly. (Plane = germs.)
- Smashbox primer – Includes hyaluronic acid which is great for your skin. Helps to prime and even the skin. (Not ideal for oily skin!) And $5 from every purchase will go to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. (Looks like the purchase with donation might only be available in the US.)
- Aveda hand cream – This has the classic Aveda scent of rosemary and mint – super refreshing! I always need hand cream in my handbag and this is a great option. Considering that $4 from each purchase goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, what are you waiting for? (I’m assuming a similar amount is donated from UK purchases but it’s not translated on the site).
Take care of those boobies!!!!! I’ll be sharing another post soon on how else you can help and where to go for vital information about breast cancer awareness. Do you have any other fave pink products?