There are some evenings where I crave curling up with a good book and just reading for an hour. Even on a Sunday morning it’s a lovely thing to do with a nice cup of coffee or tea. Today I’m sharing 8 must-read books that I just couldn’t put down when I bought them. This list of books was inspired by my obsession with ‘Gone Girl’. From page one, I was SO HOOKED. 💕📚
I usually do a lot more reading in the summertime as there’s a lot of sunny days by the pool and/or beach. It’s also great just heading to the park to read a great book. I have a lot of friends with new babies who aren’t able to leave the house as often as they’d like….I hope you find some reading inspiration from this as well. 💕 (Click on the book image in order to shop the book from Amazon.)
My Book List
1. Gone Girl – As I mentioned above, this book kicked off my little obsession with thrillers. And was the inspiration for this list of 8 must-read books! Since it’s release, it has been turned into a Hollywood movie, featuring Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike (#girlcrush), and Edward Norton. The movie was great but I still preferred the book.
2. The Girl on the Train – Another great book turned movie, starring the lovely Emily Blunt. Funny story, I actually saw Luke Evans at a restaurant in London that we often frequent. He plays Megan’s husband in the movie. He is super nice (and handsome) in person!! ☺️ This book was really great because I literally had zero clue who was guilty! That’s always fun when there are so many twists. Read the book before seeing the movie!
3. Luckiest Girl Alive – This book was recommended by one of my friends. It’s definitely one of my faves on this list of 8 must-read books. There are so many plot twists! It really keeps you on your toes. I’m forgetting the ending now but I remember being surprised the whole time reading it. For me, that’s a sign of a great book!
4. The Kind Worth Killing – I was blown away by the twists and turns in this book. It’s also slightly different of a plot which I really appreciated. I highly recommend this book. It had me gasping the whole time with surprise! You really won’t be able to put it down until you finish. The whole story line is so clever!
5. The Obsession – Wow I was on the edge of my seat with this one. The only time I put it down was because it actually got a little bit scary at parts. I had to stop reading it at night! 😂 The author develops the characters so well that you actually want to see them succeed. I won’t say which characters so that you’re surprised when you read it!
6. All the Missing Girls – Not going to lie….this one creeped me out! But that doesn’t mean it wasn’t amazing. When I read these books I like to try and guess what is going to happen next. Or who the guilty party is. This one had me completely gob-smacked!!
7. The Woman in Cabin 10 – Such a captivating read and a completely different setting. This one ranks lower on my list but only because the ending wasn’t really what I wanted….I’ll leave it at that. But still really entertaining and I think I finished it in 3 days because it was so captivating.
8. The Couple Next Door – A great read but my least favourite of the list. I like to figure out “Who dun it?!” Maybe I’m a great detective or something but I figured it out from the beginning of this one which made me a little sad. haha. But don’t let that stop you from reading it!